GrimmSpeed CHASE JB400 Turbocharger Subaru WRX / STI
This is GrimmSpeed's new CHASE JB400 Turbocharger. Designed by Chase Trogan who is a senior engineer at GrimmSpeed, this particular turbocharger is the result of over 3 years of testing and development. GrimmSpeed's goal was to provide a mid-sized turbocharger that offers many power benefits at a good price point. This turbocharger has a proprietary and state-of-the-art compressor, turbine, CHRA, and wheel design. These features have enabled GrimmSpeed to take full advantage of the physical limitations of the EJ's engine bay, and the design has endured tedious flow analysis, strenuous failure testing, and engine-pounding road and dyno testing.
The JB400 is the perfect addition to any Stage 3 car as the flow characteristics have been designed to pair well with the stock fuel system. The severe-duty journal bearing has been built to last, and even with minor upgrades, this turbocharger will substantially change the power characteristics and delivery of the EJ engine. This turbo quickly responds but delivers the punch from mid to the top-level RPM range. It will keep the power up between shifts while maintaining a flat power curve.
- Journal Bearing
- OEM Upgrade
- Inlet Size = OEM
- Rated Horsepower = 450+ WHP
- Single Scroll
- Internal Wastegate
- Compressor Wheel Size (Inducer/Exducer): 51.2mm / 73.8mm Extended tip, 48 Trim
- Turbine Wheel Size (Inducer/Exducer): 53.8mm / 47mm, 76 Trim
- Compressor Flow: 49 lb-min
- Compressor Inlet Diameter: 2.4"
- Compressor Wheel Type Material/Alloy: Billet 2618
- Compressor Housing Alloy: A356
- Turbine Housing Alloy: D5S
- Bearing Type: Journal
- Severe duty 360-degree thrust bearing and twin hydrodynamic bearings –very robust for this size of the turbocharger, to ensure reliability at high boost levels and in race applications
- Dual-piston rings and advanced oil flinger design to combat oil leakage and CHRA pressurization
- Compressor A/R: 0.65
- Turbine A/R: 0.88
- Adjustable Wastegate: Pre-set at 15Psi base pressure
**Adding Turbo To 2008-2014 WRX**
With either an 08-14 WRX Process West or GrimmSpeed TMIC and the correct addon hose you can easily mount any STI stock location turbo onto a 2008-2014 WRX.
Process West TMIC (08-14 WRX) + Addon Process West hose SKU: PWSH001
GrimmSpeed TMIC (08-14 WRX) + Addon GrimmSpeed hose SKU: 090060
2008-2014 WRX (see *** above***)