Exedy Lightweight Chromoly Racing Flywheel 2004-2021 STI
EXEDY Lightweight Flywheels combine low weight, low inertia, and high thermal capacity. They are designed for light to moderately tuned racing cars for drag racing, autocross and rally events, as well as street usage. They are made from solid one-piece billet Chromoly steel or Chromoly steel forgings. They are specifically designed to reduce weight and inertia for better engine response. Most incorporate special design features to enhance the airflow which improves the cooling of the clutch.
The ring gear teeth are integrated onto the flywheel, unlike an aluminum flywheel where the ring gear is pressed onto the flywheel and has the possibility of separating from the flywheel due to the different expansion coefficients of aluminum and steel. Newly available are lightweight, solid replacements for vehicles fitted with OE dual mass flywheels. EXEDY lightweight flywheels have passed engineering tests to 15,000-18,000 RPM. They are guaranteed not to fail to the said RPM and are all SFI approved.
- Weight = 13.3 lbs
- Combines low weight, low inertia, and high thermal capacity
- Ideal for lightly tuned cars, drag racing, autocross, and rally cars
- Made from solid one-piece Chromoly steel and Chromoly steel forgings
- Ring gear teeth are integrated onto the flywheel
- Passed engineered tests to 15,000-18,000 RPM
- SFI approved
2006-2009 Legacy GT