Radium Engineering Fuel Pulse Damper, In-line Kits
The opening and closing of fuel injectors creates pressure pulses in the fuel rail which can lead to unstable fuel pressure. In order to achieve a safe and consistent rail pressure, a fuel pulse damper (FPD) is often necessary. The FPD's internal diaphragm will absorb oscillating pulses and stabilize fuel pressure. This correction can be measured throughout the RPM range and can often help idle surge, especially with high flow injectors. Furthermore, a fuel pulse damper can help solve erratic lean air/fuel ratio spikes, commonly experienced as "stumbling", that are difficult to tune out. Many high performance OEM engines use an in-line fuel pulse damper from the factory including the Toyota 2JZ-GTE, Nissan VQ35DE, and Subaru EJ20/EJ25. The use of an inline damper is great for applications where there is not an option for direct fuel rail mounting.
- The kit features an anodized aluminum housing with a large 0.69" center bore that uses two in-line inlet/outlet ports that are machined with 3/4"-16 UNF threads for 8AN ORB fittings. Depending on the size of the fuel feed hose used, there are 3 kits to choose from which include different male adapter fittings (-6AN, -8AN, -10AN). These fittings seal to the billet housing using Viton O-rings.
- Using the supplied M6 bolts/nuts, the FPD kit can be mounted at any possible angle including upside down. For best results, the damper should be plumbed as close to the fuel rail(s) as possible. Like any fuel system part, the FPD kit should be kept away from excessive heat areas.
- This product is safe for use with all fuel types including alcohol blends such as E85.
- Anodized / Laser engraved aluminum top, R=range or XR=extra range
- Anodized aluminum body with female -8AN ORB ports
- Anodized aluminum ORB adapter fittings, selectable size
- Gasoline and alcohol (E85) resistant diaphragm
- Stainless steel M6 mounting bolts and nuts
- Rubber vacuum hose, 4mm ID
- Vacuum hose Y-fitting
- 1/8" NPT plug