GrimmSpeed 2-Bolt External Wastegate (EWG) Ceramic Coated Up-Pipe With Dump Tube 38mm
Not CARB legal: Not for sale or street use in CA & CARB states:
An External Wastegate (EWG) allows exhaust gases to be diverted prior to entering the turbo; creating a quicker turbo spool. The GrimmSpeed™ EWG has a larger diameter than a stock internal wastegate; this allows the exhaust gas to be released faster, which improves boost control, maintains maximum boost longer in the rpm range. All of these together will give you a 10-40 HP INCREASE. Moving the wastegate out of the turbo relieves the turbo from the massive amounts of turbulence that the stock internal wastegate creates. The entire EWG Up-Pipe is made of 304 SS(flanges, flex, tubing) and has a pipe-wall thickness of 14 Gauge, this is the most "heavy-duty" pipe you will find. Many other pipes use cheap thin steel and are marketed as "super lightweight", not us. The inlet size is 1.92" and the pipe tapers down to 1.72” which acts as a funnel as it moves into the turbo allowing for the smoothest transition and best air-flow quality. The one of a kind Triple Layer Flex Joint is not located in the bend, which adds to the life expectancy of the flex section. Our outlet size is a perfect match to the most common stock location turbos allowing for a smooth transition into the turbo.
- 10-30 WHP Gains
- Complete Stainless Steel Construction
- Reduced Turbo Lag
- Ceramic Coated Black
- Triple Layer Quality Flex Joint - Gives you extra durability compared to competitors' single and double layer flex joints.
- Flow-through Flex - There are no big steps in the flow path of our flex joint. Our flex is not located on a bend so there is very minimal flow loss(if any) through the flex.
- Curved EWG Side Outlet - Our EWG up pipes come with an angled side outlet which allows us to obtain optimal flow to the external wastegate.
- 2.0mm Piping Thickness - almost all pipes on the market use a 1.5mm thick piping wall, not us. We use a 2mm thick piping wall (33% thicker than all of our competition!)
- Pipe to Flange Connection - Much smoother connection. Piping is ported flush with flange so there is no step into the pipe.
- 1.92" Inlet = Perfect match to gasket allowing a little room for gasket movement(anything bigger, IE 2", will almost be guaranteed to put the gasket in the flow which is horrible for flow)
- 1.75" Outlet = Narrowing down from 1.92 to 1.75 acts as a funnel. Also very close match to most common turbos so you have much less step going into the turbo(unlike a straight through 2" which creates a huge step going into most common turbos vf's, tdo4s, etc)
Massive 304 Stainless Steel flanges
- 1 x GrimmSpeed 2-Bolt EWG Uppipe - Ceramic Coated
- 1 x Dump Tube
- 1 x Installation Hardware
- 1 x GrimmSpeed 7 Layer Exhaust Manifold to Up Pipe Gasket
- 1 x GrimmSpeed 7 Layer Up Pipe to Turbo Gasket
What Else Is Needed:
- Internal Wastegate Bracket (not included) - This bracket is helpful because the turbo door does not need to be welded shut, decreasing the chance for leaks and allowing for easy removal if necessary.